Home | Pricing | Seniors | Portraits | Family | BYU-I | Maternity | Wedding | Scenic

Nature at its Best and Worst!



After weeks of snow in December, the second week of January brought massive amounts of rain. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal here in Western Washington, pretty normal actually. The problem was things warmed up too, and snow levels raised to about 6,000 ft. With a couple days of constant hard rainfall and melting snows almost every river in our state started to flood. This was my chance to get to see something that doesnt happen all the time, Snoqualmie Falls at flood stage. My wife and I drove up the the falls, on the way there were traffic lights out and roads that were starting to wash away. I was getting the feeling that we might not even be able to get to the falls. When we did arrive we could tell that we were going to be in for a treat, there were more people there than I expected and everyone was soaking wet coming back to the parking lot. We bundled up our coats and made for the observation deck. There was mist everywhere and it was hard to make out the falls at all. I snapped a couple pictures, but they didn't turn out, mist and wind made vision impossible. After feeble attempts of taking pictures at the observation deck I decided my only shot at getting any clear photos of the falls was from the side. Even though the angle wasn't the great I climbed a fence and took the best pictures I could from that vantage point. We returned to the car dripping wet, I felt sorry for the folks that wore nothing but cotton sweatshirts. On the way home we saw this house falling into the Issaquah Creek.